Friday 11 May 2007

Silas Marner - Elliot


This book is one of my attempts at tackling the classics, and it didn't disappoint.
The book tells the story of Silas Marner a weaver who is a loner as a result of an incident earlier in his life, he lives a secluded life and is obsessed with the gold he collects. Then his life changes when he is suddenly the adopted father of a small child, Eppie. She brings into his life new joys and new people.
A well told story but I only gave it 3 stars, for most of the book is fantastic but it seemed to really drop off in the middle, and there was a few random chapters where I was completely lost and confused.
Definately worth a read.

If you have read this book feel free to comment or leave a link to your own review.

2 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

I like your new duds. snazzy

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I remember reading some chapters in this book and thinking "what the heck??" I think around the time when they are in the pub in the middle of the book and talking about random things. Otherwise, I thought this a good book too.