Tuesday 29 July 2008

My Thoughts: Tomaree by Debbie Robson

I got sent this novel as a bookring, like so many book I seem to be reading at the moment it isn't the type of book I normally read but I thought it was fairly good.
The story is told in a series of flashbacks. Peggy has returned to Australia after her mother's death and the recent breakdown of her marriage. She has gone back for the funeral and to sort out the house she has been left, with the view to possibly living there again, after 30 years living in the U.S. Whilst back at the house she unearths some family secrets, discovering why her mother has always been so distant over the years.
She also recalls her early romance with her estranged husband, this romance is told through flashbacks, there love existing amongst the war and her mother's disapproval. As with all books like this a happy ending is guaranteed.

It wasn't original, I could see the ending coming a mile away, but it was an easy way to pass a grey morning.

Challenge:
July Book Blowout Book 14

No comments: