Sunday 22 February 2009

Library Loot 2




I've been to the library twice this week so this is the second instalment. All three books that I picked up were reserved for me so I was very good and didn't look around - I must be up to the maximum allowed books by now.
The Red Tree, Shaun Tan I saw this book blogged about a couple of weeks ago and love picture books so I had to order it in. If I had plenty of spare money I would love to have shelves with this type of book on, books that you can just pick up and marvel at for a short time.
City of Oranges: Arabs and Jews in Jaffa, Adam LeBor - Eva reviewed this earlier this week. I know very little about this political situation so I'm hoping this will enlighten me.
Baghdad Diaries, Nuha Al- Radi (for In Their Shoes Challenge)I have a copy of Baghdad Blog so I'm going to read these in tandam and see how/if the male and female views of the political situation differ.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Hope you enjoy City of Oranges! I really loved the Tan book I read (The Arrival), and the Baghdad book looks interesting.