Saturday 20 June 2009

My Thoughts: Then by Morris Gleitzman


Then is the follow up to Once, a book I read a good year or so ago, a book that I thought was amazing. Then is a good read, but not as good as the first.
The Story: Felix and Zelda are on the run, they have escaped from a train taking them to a concentration camp. Running through the Polish countryside they meet Genia, they become new people with new identities and new pasts.
What I liked: Although its a kids book the war is not softened and the truth isn't locked away.
What I didn't like: In the opening of the book I was frustrated by the amount of scenarios they managed to wiggle out of. I had to keep reminding myself theis is a book for 9 year olds.

Challenges:
Orbis Terrarum
War Through The Generations

2 comments:

Sarah (tuulenhaiven) said...

I love the cover of this book! I'll have to see if I can find the first one. The series sounds interesting. :)

Anna said...

We've posted your review on War Through the Generations.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric