Monday 7 September 2009

My Thoughts: So Many Books, So LittleTime by Sara Nelson


I love hearing and reading about other peoples reading and their opinions on books so during my recent reading slump I picked this up hopig it would inspire me to read again - I am, although not sure if I can say it is down to the book.

This books sets out to be a reading journal of an avid read, Sara Nelson used to be a book reviewer so she knows her stuff. This book turned out to be more about why she read, why she picked the books she did and how those books related to periods in her life. I was pleased to see she loved A Million Little Pieces and The Crimson Petal and the White but she slatted a lot of other books and authors who I enjoy.

A very easy read, but as it was American it featured a great many books I'd never heard of - I guess they weren't such a big hit over here - or I was still in nappies when hey come out so missed the hype about them.

3 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I would imagine this to be quite damaging to the TBR pile as there were so many books unheard of.

Ana S. said...

I just can't get enough of books about books. Must look for this!

katrina said...

A few books were added mentally but not buying anymore fiction untill the tbr pile subsides